Sunday, February 20, 2011

To Loop our Not to Loop

I have been pondering purchasing a pedal to loop a guitar rythm so I can practice my lead over it, and also because I would like to be able to layer my parts and/or solo live. I asked my boy Stuart, of Skepticynic, what he used for layering. His stompbox of choice is the ibanez de7 delay/echo pedal, if I'm not mistaken. Now,i have been impressed with his layering work and am not opposed to trying one out, but this Guitar Center employee showed me a couple loop pedals. The difference between a delay/echo and a loop is that the delay is mainly designed for short term delays, or repeating of licks and riffs, while the loop pedal is used for extended looping, or repeating of multiple layers of sound. I wanted a legit link to the specs on the Ibanez DE 7, but apparently it has been discontinued. I did, however, find a link for the Jamman Solo specs. http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/JamManSolo.php since I'm doing this on my phone I don't know if that will show up as a link, or if you'll have to paste the url. A decision isn't necessary yet, but I would love to be able to layer myself for my upsoming 30 min spot. Going completely solo without any effects is gonna be tense for me after all this time since I've played live.



No comments:

Post a Comment