Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Inspirado

It is a fleeting being, the Inspirado, appearing at random and sometimes leaving before you can fully register that it was even there.  I try to write down my account of the interaction as quickly as possible, but the Inspirado is a sly devil.  Yesterday it appeared to me in a dream whilst napping.  I tried all afternoon to remember the words to the song the Inspirado brought to me to no avail.  Later in the evening, however, I discovered a guitar riff lying around in the "office"/ Cady's room.  The riff was ripe for the picking and it just so happened to be sitting right next to my voice recorder.  I had to act quickly before it got away, so I snatched up my Spanish style guitar and voice recorder and went to work on that Inspirado.  2 minutes and 52 seconds later I had a decent bit going.  It's amazing how versatile the basic chords are.  (AC/DC made entire albums with only 3 chords total.)  I actually used Am7-C-D-F and G... so five chords... The Inspirado was so kind to give me that little gift yesterday.  May it return with some lyrical content soon so that I may complete the song.  Yes, that would be good.

On another note, Gabby helped me change my banner thingy.  She took my picture at the park and I liked it a lot.  I want to take more pictures like that, but I can't think of the look I'm going for. I guess I'm just an average guy wearing regular-ass clothes while playing my guitar.  Gotta get to figuring out a set list.

Semper Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment